Question / Help Elgato Gameplay Quality Very Bad

Harvetron

So I'm not new to streaming with OBS, I've been doing it for the past year with no problems at all and it's been great. I've taken a little break recently and have decided to get back in to it, but now there seems to be a big problem.

I capture gameplay from my PS4 using the Elgato HD60, and for some reason the gameplay quality in OBS is very poor (terrible resolution). The elgato is set up as a 'Video Capture Device' source. When I go into the Elgato software however, the quality is beautiful and at full 1080p. I've been playing around with everything. I've been setting the resolution on the elgato to different resolutions, I've changed the resolution on the PS4 itself but that does nothing, I've also changed the resolution on the OBS software. I'm just confused as to what the problem is. One day everything is fine, the next it isn't. My PC isn't the issue, because I've been able to stream in good quality using it before, so I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions? I feel like the fix is really easy and for some reason I'm just not thinking of it.

I've attached a log if that's any use! And a picture of the terrible quality.

https://gist.github.com/189593bdad031c656a2bed32ba4520b2

Attachments

• awful.jpg
    awful.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 52