Elgato Camlink Freezing with Sony A5100.

simosimo

Occasionally my DSLR will freeze with OBS. This was with the USB 3.0 being plugged into the rear of my system. I grabbed a USB 3.0 hub today and it made the problem even worse (3 freezes in 15 minutes).

I understand this may be a bandwidth problem over USB and USB's being shared. I was hoping the hub would eliminate this problem, instead it's made it worse.

I did see OBS updated today so perhaps that's solved it, but I will try some fixes after dinner.

I've also set power saving in Device manager to OFF to prevent usb disconnects. Other than that i'm out of ideas. I've trawled forum posts and youtube videos and not sure where to go from here.

Fingers crossed it's a do'able solution! Thanks guys.

simosimo

Welp..

I'll write this here for any rampant Googlers in the future.

I've gotten a replacement Camlink and I also nabbed a PCI E USB card. Fingers crossed this is a double edged attack to eliminate a faulty camlink and also USB traffic. From my testing for 45 mins I had no freezing. I'll see on stream today if It goes belly up :)

simosimo

Good news, yesterdays stream had no crashing. So any Camlink freezers out there. Get yourself a PCI E USB 3.0 card if you can. They're pretty damn cheap.

And yep, you gotta pay more to get that already expensive cam setup working fine. It's the last step! I promise :D