Question / Help El Capitan beta?

CaseyCor

Is anyone here running OBS on the El Capitan beta release? I'm planning on updating today, assuming OBS runs well. I'm hoping the new graphics backend (Metal) will give OBS and EyeTV better performance in the future. I assume Metal won't affect anything until software has been updated with the Metal API, but I can't find any info o line to confirm that.

I'll most likely end up upgrading after a backup of Yosemite and testing it out tonight. I'll report back with results. Hopefully everything works out, as I don't really want to do the upgrade and then have to roll back to Yosemite.

Minerelf

I'm running the beta and while OBS runs as well as ever I can't say I've seen any improvement while the addition of Metal.

CaseyCor

Thanks for the reply. OBS is running fine on El Capitan, although it still crashes when I try to use the FreeType source. WavTap does not work, but I found a new build of Soundflower that did the trick.

Are there any plans to implement Metal?

Minerelf

Thanks for the reply. OBS is running fine on El Capitan, although it still crashes when I try to use the FreeType source. WavTap does not work, but I found a new build of Soundflower that did the trick.

Could I have the link to the Soundflower build? I'm also having trouble using WavTap on it.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
No, not really. If someone wants to implement it, sure, but until then, the marginal utility of adding a Metal renderer is pretty miniscule.

Herolordman

Id like to know where you found this soundflower. The one i can find doesnt load or show up as a device after i install.

Herolordman

The problem with soundflower in el capitan is that soundflower is an unsigned kext, and el capitan no longer loads unsigned Keats, even with the dev-kext boot flag. I have el capitan on Clover, so I just inject the soundflower kext and it works perfectly.