Question / Help Early advice for 4K recording and concurrent streaming in 1080p

psnorton23

I currently broadcast a weekly stream on Facebook and my output settings are based around the FB livestream parameters. Nothing super amazing but I am having fun. I also record the stream, do some light editing and upload it to YouTube.

I'd like to up my game and record/upload 4K to YouTube.... but I still only need/want to stream to FB in 1080.
I do not have 4K camera equipment setup for this yet and before I invest the time to tear down my current setup I would appreciate your input.

I see in OBS output settings I can select "Rescale Output" under the streaming tab. If I set my canvas up for 4K, would checking the box to rescale to 1080 streaming be the best method for doing this? Trying to stream in 4K then relying on FB to rescale would eat bandwidth so I am hoping that is what the setting is for.

If that is not the best way to stream 1080 but record in 4K, what should I be doing?

Also, what do I need to have under the hood of my PC to pull this off (1080 stream 4k record)?

Current system is:
i-7 6700 @3.4ghz
16gb ram @2133
Nvidia Quadro K620

Do you think my system would be adequate for this?
I'm not gaming while streaming or anything, just running OBS, Chrome, a couple of webcams and a mic.

I'm on a different PC right now or I would include a log .... I can get one if that is beneficial.

Last edited: