Dynamic overlays issue

dexkillerr

Hi, I've started using dynamic overlays through StreamElements and converting in to a browser source. After I have set them up they started lagging out, also I always get the warning "Encoder overloaded", that is why I have to disable the preview and minimize OBS while in game so I can have a smooth gameplay, any tips I can fix all this nad utilize Obs as it is meant to be? Specs: i7 8700k GTX 1070 16gb ram 3200mhz, using dual monitors as well

qhobbes

Browser sources are performance killers

Web browsers are amazingly complex feats of software engineering. They render text, images, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, and animations, and they can play audio, video, and games! However, they are also pretty heavy resource hogs. The same goes for the Browser Source, which is often used to display stream chats, custom animations, overlays, and many other things. Lots of browser sources in a scene (or scene collection) can end up using a lot of system resources.

Try to reduce the number of browser sources that you use. If you have static assets (non-animated overlays), try using other source types for those things (like Image Source). If you need to play a video or audio file, try the Media Source or VLC Source.

Also post a log per

qhobbes

1. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
2. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
3. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
4. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode