dynamic bitrate obs doesnt reconnect after disconnect

I have low upload speed internet and sometimes when internet lags, obs speed goes 0 but then it doesnt go back to normal. When i push stop stream manually it doesnt help. I always need to close such obs windo through alt ctrl del and then launch again. I have noticed that this lag happens only when I orverload upload speed of my internet.

05:37:35.775: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] bitrate decreased to: 2800
05:38:05.802: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] bitrate increased to: 3000, done
05:38:37.808: socket_thread_windows: Received FD_CLOSE, 31166 ms since last send (buffer: 0 / 404480)
05:38:37.808: socket_thread_windows: Aborting due to FD_CLOSE, error 0

12:21:22.509: socket_thread_windows: Received FD_CLOSE, 30198 ms since last send (buffer: 0 / 201216)
12:21:22.509: socket_thread_windows: Aborting due to FD_CLOSE, error 0

i also using newtwork optimizations bcs much frame drops without it. i have 20 upload speed and uses near 20 upload with 6 instances of obs.

Lawrence_SoCal

Using OBS on a clean, well maintained Win10 system (not running as local admin, unnecessary services and processes disabled from auto-starting, etc), I found OBS's auto-reconnect to work perfectly well for OBS. So well, then when I was having upload limit issues, I shortened the default retry time from 5 down to 3 seconds, and always re-connected immediately (first try)

So if you are having an issue, it is likely
- your PC
- an OBS plugin
- your network
running Qty 6 OBS instances, consuming 100% of available upload bandwidth, I'd expect real problems.... real fix ... either become very knowledgeable about optimizing a network (TCP, etc) or give yourself some headroom (stop trying to come close to 100% upload utilization..).
How much of your upload capacity can you use? depends on your setup and your ISP.. there is no 'correct for most people' answer (without being super conservative way under-estimating). you'll need to experiment and find out for yourself. My PC and my ISP is fine at 80%, and I wouldn't try higher. Others fail at much lower rates. ymmv

Last edited:

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You've managed to bump the thread seven times but still haven't included a log file. Impressive.