Duel-headed stream Scale requirements

Kip Carter

We may have to purchase a new computer to run OBS as we wish. I looked on the website and couldn't located a guide to tell me how to scale the computer OBS is running one. Our situation is that we want to dual-head our stream to both FaceBook and YouTube. We want to put a system in place that will perform with as little performance issues as we can afford. (small church).

Is there such a guide or perhaps someone can give us a configuration that would work well.

Regards,
Kip Carter
Crossbridge Community Church

rockbottom

Not sure what you have now but with a GTX-1650 Super installed, you can run (2+) streams & record.
Asus GTX-1650 Super (Amazon)

You'll need to install this as well but depending on your existing hardware, this may be all you need:

Last edited:

Point5

We may have to purchase a new computer to run OBS as we wish. I looked on the website and couldn't located a guide to tell me how to scale the computer OBS is running one. Our situation is that we want to dual-head our stream to both FaceBook and YouTube. We want to put a system in place that will perform with as little performance issues as we can afford. (small church).

Is there such a guide or perhaps someone can give us a configuration that would work well.

Regards,
Kip Carter
Crossbridge Community Church

Point5

Hi Kip, this is Point5 (Ken) from The Sanctuary. We’re trying to stream to YouTube & FB too. We’re just starting and I’m also trying to determine system requirements. Let me know if you would like to correspond and share information.

qhobbes

When setup properly, the only requirement in streaming to FB and YT as opposed to one is bandwidth and that can be eliminated with services such as restream.io or castr
You can use the Multiple RMTP plugin or with a local RTMP server such as NGINX. See guide at