Question / Help Dual monitor setup

vapeahoy

This issues has nothing to do with obs by itself, it's a matter of proper configuring your system.
Windows is also notoriously bad at using different monitors. I use same type of monitor but different refresh rates, recently, and that works fine.

NATHAN HANCOCK

This issues has nothing to do with obs by itself, it's a matter of proper configuring your system.
Windows is also notoriously bad at using different monitors. I use same type of monitor but different refresh rates, recently, and that works fine.

We both have very strong builds, we should not be struggling like this!

DEDRICK

This is a Windows issue, the same thing will occur if you run a hardware accelerated video on your 60hz monitor.

DWM(Aero) V-syncs the entire desktop to ensure you don't get screen tearing in programs, when your refresh rates are different it v-syncs to the lowest. Your desktop is a DirectX object, with a frame buffer

You already solved the issue, keep OBS minimized so it doesn't have to Vsync it or get a second 144hz

NATHAN HANCOCK

This is a Windows issue, the same thing will occur if you run a hardware accelerated video on your 60hz monitor.

DWM(Aero) V-syncs the entire desktop to ensure you don't get screen tearing in programs, when your refresh rates are different it v-syncs to the lowest. Your desktop is a DirectX object, with a frame buffer

You already solved the issue, keep OBS minimized so it doesn't have to Vsync it or get a second 144hz
Wow you know your stuff! is there anything i can do other than get another 144hz monitor or minimizing? as i use streamlabs OBS and it's good for alerts etc funds are tight right now that's all, appreciate the reply!

zombie2life

Was a solution found to this problem? I am currently having the same issues with a 144hz 1440p monitor and 60hz 1080p monitor.