Question / Help Dual language capture on OBS?

Iasgwl

Hi! I use OBS to record some of my UX interviews and some of these interviews are done in local language, but I do have a translator translating the sessions in a different room. It will be great if I can capture both audio input onto the same OBS recording - but is there a way/ or additional device I have to purchase to capture both audio input? (Also considering the translator is in a separate room). Any advice will he highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Narcogen

Get a separate microphone for the translator.

Connect it to the machine running OBS, either through a USB audio interface or some other device.

In OBS, open Edit > Advanced Audio Properties and specify which audio tracks you want assigned to each device.

In Settings > Output (with Advanced Mode on) click the Recording tab and choose which audio tracks to record.

Use a container format that supports multiple audio tracks (mkv or mp4 - NOT flv).

Iasgwl

Hi Narcogen! This is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!
Thank you so much for your reply on this. I managed to get it working and identified the tracks used.
Once again, thank you so much and i really appreciate you taking your time to explain the process to me.