DSLR as webcam over LAN to OBS - Is it possible?

HaLa

I have a mirrorless camera (GH3) I would like to use with OBS but the output hdmi stream from the camera has to be sent over LAN (not USB).

I would like something like:
camera->hdmi capture card->ethernet->PC with software to grab video stream from ethernet (software acts like a camera visible from OBS).

Has anyone some ide if this is possible and what hardware and software to use?

Lawrence_SoCal

Specifically. no... but
The issue with your strawman is that a typical capture card output USB (or Thunderbolt) to a computer, not a Ethernet cable.

so, you need an computer next to that capture card (though I'm suspecting that is exactly what you are trying to avoid);

OR
instead of a capture card, you need an HDMI extender. And that HDMI extension can be over Ethernet. Then your capture card remains by your streaming PC. Do you have to convert from Ethernet back to HDMI then into capture card? or is there a capture "card"/device that woudl accept the Ethernet input - don't know. Research for you / others.

Things you need to consider:
- what video bandwidth (form camera) do you want/need?
- what is you audio source, and if not camera, how are you planning to handle sync adjustments
food for thought

is this for a house of worship type situation?
if yes, if congregants not in attendance, don't worry about having PC next to camera
if congregants in attendance, then camera itself may be a distraction. We are getting a decent PTZ camera and avoiding the long video cable run (tripping hazard, etc)