Question / Help Dropped Frames Help Please!

Acentra

Ok so I have been streaming for about a year now. Recently I have been having massive amounts of dropped frames. I have checked with my ISP and made sure that my connection was good. I have swapped cat6 cables and all that stuff. everything in my network chain from me to the twitch servers looks golden. I currently have 160 down/18 up for speeds. and it checks out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled obs studio like 4 times. I have tried most things under the sun and nothing has fixed my issue. This started without changing my obs settings or anything. Im running amd 8350, asus sabertooth 990fx mobo, 32gb ddr3 at 1866, gtx 1080 hybrid. There is no reason I cant run at 3500kbps @30 fps if not 60fps with a steady stream. I have tried all kinds of settings. I have dropped down to 2000kbps @30fps and everything in between. I have tried running with nvec encoder and seems ok for a bout a min and a half then dies. and we are talking thousands of dropped frames. any ideas?

Attachments

• 2017-01-26 21-02-31.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
22:19:31.486: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 2594 (68.4%)

Your internet is too slow. Also, remove scenecut=0 from your x264 encoder settings.

You could reduce your frame rate to 30 and use a bitrate of 2000 or 2500 (depending on how much quality loss you can deal with). You could also try a different Twitch server.

I'm not an expert of streaming, so I would highly recommend you read this post: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/dropped-frames-disconnecting-lag-read-this-first.8870/