Dropped frames after installing Streamlabs OBS

Elsaday Marçal

Hello everyone.

I have this question that, however common, my situation may be a little different.
I usually use OBS (at the moment in version 25.0.8), it always run smoothly, without problems. I usually use bitrate at 8000 kbps, 1080p, 60 fps and I never had transmission problems. Once I tested it and at 40000 kbps the transmission was super normal.

So I decided to test Streamlabas OBS, and right after opening the program and configuring it, the frames started to drop. I decided to go back to OBS and the problem of dropped frames continued. I tested it on another computer on the same network using OBS, and I had no problems.

The first time this happened, I formatted Windows and went back to normal, but unfortunately it happened again and I would not like to format Windows again and I would like to find the root cause of the problem.

My upload speed is 50 Mbps
My download speed is 200 Mbps

Thanks for help.

DeniYT

I somehow managed to fix it today after searching for all possible fixes on the internet.
Basically if you're streaming over YouTube, go to classic studio for live streaming > streaming options > disable DVR (which lets your viewers to rewind your livestream while you're live.
Try to experiment with all 3 types of delay (normal, a little late, extremely small delay). I am using 3rd option as of now.

Now that you have disabled DVR in your live stream settings, make sure to lock your in-game FPS. If you're using 144hz monitor, lock your FPS to 170. I am streaming CSGO and I'm having 166 FPS constantly.
Also DO NOT to forget to open OBS as administrator and activate performance mode which will keep your gaming performance perfectly smooth for all viewers (no stuttering).
Don't put your bitrate more than 50% of your upload speed. If you have 10mbps upload speed, then don't go over 5000kb/s bitrate.
Go to advanced settings > network > check dynamic change of bitrate > check enabling new networking code > check low latency mode.

When you start your live stream, you might experience bitrate drops on your OBS stats and stream will be blurry or buffering for some short time, after that you won't have any dropped frames, no stuttering, no bitrate drops and everything will stay smooth.

I tried all of that and now I am finally streaming like I did half a year ago without any problems but those that could happen right after you start your live stream.
Hit me up and tell me if everything works for you now because I had the exact same problem like you and couldn't find anything related to this topic until now.

Sorry for my broken English but I hope this helps!