Question / Help drop fps

Hylley

Hello friend, here I also played and transmitted normally and after the new update in the windowns (Creator-game on)
I can no longer play it without large FPS drops in the OBS program.
My game gets normal fps.
Sorry for the bad English.

Sferra

So..I tried to change all obs settings and problem not in obs i think
So strange, when i play game (for example) The Witcher and use obs in waiting mode (I mean not streaming or recording) and I see FPS drops all the time
In settings i have 30 fps and i see how fps in obs jumps to 15-25 all the time even if i not use game/monitor/window cupture

Rumlik

I have exactly the same problem. I regularly stream World of Tanks and occasionally other games and I do not have the slightest problem. 1080p/6000 bitrate/30fps (I use two monitors) But when I switch or turn on the PUBG, fps in OBS studio begin to fall to 25-17. FPS in the game is fine, but it still falls in OBS.

I also tried:
Right-click OBS.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.
But that has no effect at all. I tried to run the game in a window, window borderless and fullscreen and I did not notice any differences.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K (TURBO on 4GHz)
GPU: MSI R9 280 GAMING 3G
RAM: CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400
MB: ASRock X99 Extreme6

The log is in the attachment.

Attachments

• 2017-07-25 19-54-57.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 15

1Dest1nY1

I had the same problem some days ago. I fixed it with a new graphics card because i had an old one. But i dont know if this is your issue. I can now play my games in highest settings and in OBS 1080p with 60 fps with no Drops at all. Before i had the same issue didnt matter if i had my obs settings 720p at 30 fps or 1080p at 60 fps my frames dropped always at like 10-20 fps. I also use now the Encoder of my graphics card (NVENC H.264). It all works fine now.

My graphics card is a Nvidia Gigabyte Aorus 1060 GTX with 6Gb.