Droidcam OBS Pro remote control

bakerjoe099

Hi folks, please excuse me if this is plainfully obvious but I am having trouble locating the remote control for Droidcam OBS cameras. I paid for the pro upgrade but I can't seem to figure this out. Does the video and the remote need separate ip's? Is that why it says wifi for remote and USB for app? I have always used wifi for the droidcam video because my cameras are all over the place.

Thanks for any help!

Here is what the doc says:
Remote Control
droidcam_obs_remote.png
The app includes a remote control as part of the Pro upgrade, which you can open on your computer.

* The remote control does not show video, use it to control the camera (zoom, exposure, ..).
* The app can be connected over USB, while the remote is used over WiFi.
* The remote can be added as a custom browser dock directly inside OBS Studio (View > Docks).

bakerjoe099

Well I guess I answered my own question. Yes, it appears that you have to use USB for the video and wifi for the remote control app. I finally got it to work. TIP: if you create a custom browser dock and need to change it; delete it and create a new one. This seemed to fix my issues.

update: well I got it to work all on wifi...no usb camera.

Dualplay

Well I guess I answered my own question. Yes, it appears that you have to use USB for the video and wifi for the remote control app. I finally got it to work. TIP: if you create a custom browser dock and need to change it; delete it and create a new one. This seemed to fix my issues.

update: well I got it to work all on wifi...no usb camera.
Well I have the same question. Now I need to know how you got is to work all on wifi. Can you tell how you got it to work?

AdrianW

Related question. I also have the full version of Droidcam OBS running on android and windows. The Droidcam settings are visible on the bottom of the video on the phone... kind of awkward if you're using the rear camera and the screen is faced away....but not from within OBS. I thought at first I needed the Droidcam windows client but apparently that only works with the non-OBM version. Is there any way to access settings from within OBS or windows in general? If the top poster has found a way to get it working I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

AdrianW

Okay... Here's how I got it to work on USB:

1. Start the Droidcam OBS app.
2. Connect in OBS.
3. In OBS go to Docks > Custom Browser Docks..
4.Add the IP address shown the upper left of the app video on the phone.
5. Give the dock a name and save.

Next time you can just open the dock. It really doesn't have anything to do with Wi-Fi, just the web address.

simonastro

Hi - I'm finding that when I create the dock it is a blank white screen or OBS reports it cannot create it.
I'm connecting via usb and using the 127.0.0.1 IP address as shown in the app.
cheers
Simon

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The remote requires the phone to be on the same WiFi network as your PC. Then you open the URL with the IP of the phone it gives you in your browser / dock.

simonastro

The remote requires the phone to be on the same WiFi network as your PC. Then you open the URL with the IP of the phone it gives you in your browser / dock.
thanks but in reference to AdrianW's post above who seems to have it working via usb, as it doesn't seem possible to connect with both

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
I haven't used the app, but I don't think connecting it by USB would give it a reachable IP address.

simonastro

I haven't used the app, but I don't think connecting it by USB would give it a reachable IP address.
I have tried on another computer and now works fine, with or without Wifi. Dock works with usb IP - (currently 127.0.0.100:4747).

unknownnfg12

guys the remote shows up with all the options , but i cannot change any settings from my pc and theres a loading icon under droidcam . any fixes ?

OBS_user_808

Hello. Before upgrading to 28.x, with the previous version, the 'remote control dock' on the desktop app was straight forward. I am using OBS28 on a Linux desktop with an Android phone as the remote camera. With this previous version, I could adjust the focus, brightness, zoom, etc on the remote camera from the desktop app. With this current version, I cannot even find or activate the remote control dock. Was this feature disabled or removed? Thanks!

dev47

The droidcam remote controls is a just a webpage, you can open it in Firefox / Chrome / etc. The URL is shown in the app (top-left).
OSB Studio happens to support integrated webpages, via View -> Docks -> Custom Browser Docks.

@OBS_user_808 check the Custom Browser Docks panel for the droidcam remote, you can delete/create a new one if needed.

OBS_user_808

The droidcam remote controls is a just a webpage, you can open it in Firefox / Chrome / etc. The URL is shown in the app (top-left).
OSB Studio happens to support integrated webpages, via View -> Docks -> Custom Browser Docks.

@OBS_user_808 check the Custom Browser Docks panel for the droidcam remote, you can delete/create a new one if needed.
Thanks again! Appreciate that assist.

fbcarter

I am having an issue as well with the remote control for Droid Cam. I put in the IP address on the custom Dock in OBS 192.168.2.11 and when I open the Dock it says

Couldn't load that page!

Make sure the address is correct, and that the site isn't having issues.

Server refused the connection
URL: http://192.168.2.11/

jvira8888

I am having an issue as well with the remote control for Droid Cam. I put in the IP address on the custom Dock in OBS 192.168.2.11 and when I open the Dock it says

Couldn't load that page!

Make sure the address is correct, and that the site isn't having issues.

Server refused the connection
URL: http://192.168.2.11/
Make sure to use the IP and the port. For example, 192.168.2.11:4747