Drawing tablet display

I have a Wacom Intuos Tablet and I would love to be able to have it display the movements of my stylus, pressure of stylus, and pressing of any tablet buttons. Nothing over the top, but something simple would definitely be cool to have.

If you make this, I can do graphics design if you would like help

jamal0044

Yours is a very specific application of OBS Studio. It may not even be supported in your configuration. Pen display tablets are only fully aware by pen aware applications. It is unlikely that OBS Studio is pen aware. So input messages from the pen may not be recognized by OBS Studio. They are extensions of a mouse message that contain more information in it that OBS Studio may not be able to emulate.

I have a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro pen display monitor of which I'm sure you are aware is similar to a wacom Cintiq. It is not my primary screen in my multi monitor setup. I can display capture it just fine. Without getting into the gory details I need to mirror my primary monitor onto the XP-Pen because Adobe Cloud apps don't bring up dialog boxes and the like on the parent window. Rather, they do so on the primary monitor. Thus, I have to run Adobe apps on the primary and mirror to the XP-Pen . Of course, it is advised that both use the same aspect ratio and resolution. For coloring, I choose to sketch only on the XP-Pen and color calibrate and fill on the primary.

To mirror, you need a multi monitor Nvidia GPU. You connect the Cintiqu to one of the display ports and another monitor, the primary to a display port. Then, use nvidia control panel software to clone. With OBS, you then display capture the primary monitor.

Thank you for your informative post.
One question though. Can I mirror my pen tablet display using an Android app. My aim is to input or mirror my pen tablet's feed into OBS and then have it project on my green screen. So, any drawings would be shown behind me.
Please assist.

Scratch

Thank you for your informative post.
One question though. Can I mirror my pen tablet display using an Android app. My aim is to input or mirror my pen tablet's feed into OBS and then have it project on my green screen. So, any drawings would be shown behind me.
Please assist.

Are you drawing on an Android Device?
There's a nifty screen mirroring utility that's been around for a while and I'm still the only person I know that uses it
https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy/releases

You'll need to turn on developer mode for USB Debugging for it to work. I'd recommend checking out the readme too
https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy/blob/master/README.md

it might need some tinkering if capture performance is noticeably impacted, but outside of that it's just a window capture that is easily added to OBS
19-12-23_00-50-16-OBS_24.0.3_(64-bit,_windows)_-_Profile_Stream_-_S.png