Bug Report [Double edit, not fixed]Gamecapture - Shadowplay overlay + ingame hud flickering ( RD2 + CODMW )

iAmGreiG

[EDIT 2]
The issue is back, driver reinstall didn't fix the issue after all

[EDIT]

Reinstalled Nvidia drivers seemed to fix my issue.

The easy way to explain my issue is to show this short clip..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKh0ajnXzg

Firstly, I am using game capture. You can see that the shadowplay overlay is showing in the game capture. I do not have "capture 3rd party overlays" on.
I have only got this issue with the overlay appearing on RD2 and CODMW. All other games I've played the Shadowplay overlay doesn't show. The bigger issue for me is that on RD2 the overlay is flashing as well as ingame elements like the hud and menu.
The video doesn't show it, but at times menu's, hud items and other ingame elements flicker just like the shadowplay overlay.

To be clear, on my gaming monitor the overlay is not flashing nor is the hud/menu elements ingame. This is only happening on the game capture preview. If I do screen capture, the overlay and huds do not flicker. If I disable the preview and stream/record and check it, the overlay/hud is still flickering.

I have tried disabling shadowplay and overlay but I still get hud issues (RD2)
I have played with vsync on/off.
Reboots do not help.
Latest nvidia drivers.

I'm struggling to get to the bottom of this. Any help would be great.
Thanks

https://obsproject.com/logs/ULIZIQB-7HBi_CiX

Last edited:

zevo

+1

CoD MW: Having shadowplay being recorded + its overlay flickering on stream.

I'm getting the same issue did you manage to find a fix? I'v been trying to resolve the issue for days and still cant find a solution. I don't use Shadowplay for recording or streaming i use it just for the game filters. This flickering in the preview window and in recordings/streams is annoying. Sacrificing the filters is huge issue for me they make the game look amazing with out them the game is just not the same.

zevo

I'm getting the same issue did you manage to find a fix? I'v been trying to resolve the issue for days and still cant find a solution. I don't use Shadowplay for recording or streaming i use it just for the game filters. This flickering in the preview window and in recordings/streams is annoying. Sacrificing the filters is huge issue for me they make the game look amazing with out them the game is just not the same.

Edit: Ok did some more testing turns out its 100% the filter overlays that's causing my issue. Its as if obs cant decide what it needs to capture and its flickering between the base game video and the Nvidia filters overlay not sure how this can be resolved.

Dyils

Demo (video) of the problem
Here is a quick demo of the problem + an obvious reason why we need this (Focus on the shadows when I turn it on / off).
I have the same issue. It's VERY frustrating and a BIG problem for both of these games.

Why do we need this fixed
CoD MW
has NO sharpening at all AND has terrible lighting in Warzone.
RDR2 has terrible sharpening, anti-aliasing is a big mess.
They need NVIDIA's Game Filters to correct this.
I made a post about it here and went on the OBS discord but it seems futile as either nobody cares or nobody can help.

Potential solution
This only happens in Game Capture, but the flickering stops when:
  1. The game is alt+tabbed. It still shows on the stream and renders and the filters are applied but not flickering.
  2. I am moving the mouse. The flickering stops while the mouse is moving and continues as soon as I stop moving it, even if I am just lifting it off the mousepad to recenter it. That brief pause in mouse movement causes a flicker.
Given the above 2 exceptions, it seems like it might be possible to do something that causes it to properly display the filters all the time instead of flickering between their ON and OFF states?

Dismissed solution
Display Capture doesn't affect my average FPS when I monitor it but it adds some MAJOR input lag, unlike other games.

Last edited:

mrjonjoe

The same problem, Nvidia game Filter is killing my stream too. And I also have no fix and I cannot play MW Warzone without it, it's too dark and too hard for me to see without the filters. And yes, OBS's 'Display instead 'of 'Game capture' works but it still is bugged and broken as it has always been and introduces massive input lag... Recording with display capture is not ideal what's so ever

Graybeard_Giff

I tried this again today to see if it had magically gotten fixed.... It hasn't LOL. I was hoping someone had found a work around. Guess we are doomed to CoD's crappy color and shadows in our streams.