Doing Live Interviews On YouTube through Zoom, but cannot capture audio from Zoom

Eatkins

This is my first time on the forum, hello everyone!

I want to conduct interviews in Zoom, streamed live to YouTube (i.e., Interviewee and interviewer meet in zoom, I do a display capture of both camera frames in Zoom (on my second monitor), and input each camera frame into a separate scene in OBS, which I then stream live to YouTube), but I cannot for the life of me capture the sound from Zoom.

I have tried an audio output capture, hoping to capture my desktop audio, but I cannot, as desktop audio is disabled in my settings and I cannot enable it. No devices appear when I attempt to do an audio output capture.

I have tried virtual audio cables (VB-cables I believe), but with no luck.

I then saw a bunch of videos about Shiny White Box and IShowU, but then found out that SWB updated and the version that has all the community support videos no longer works on BigSur.

I have been trying for hours to get the new version of SWB Audio Capture to work, but I am only being frustrated in my attempts.

What am I doing wrong? How can I capture the desktop audio from Zoom (specifically, I need to capture the other members on the zoom call who are not in the room with me) and input it into OBS, so that I can add it to my scenes and stream to YouTube?

Thank you all so much! Hopefully someone can help!

Have you tried changing the output in Zoom ? When I use Zoom, I can change the Zoom output (speaker) from built in device to my USB mixer. So in theory you can redirect the output in Zoom to VB-Cables and in OBS set the VB Cables as input.
However, AFAIK video conference software only output whatever sound in the meeting without your input. This might not be an issue to you since you said that you wanted to capture your guest's audio.

Eatkins

So, I guess I didn't fix the issue, but I found an alternate solution. I had tried using the VB-Audio virtual audio cables, as well as the newest version of Shiny White Box/IShowU, but none of these worked, nor had any updated help videos on YouTube for what I was trying to do. A friend of my brother's recommended using Loopback, which is a bit of a trick to install on Mac, but easy enough with instructions. Once it was installed, it was as simple as changing the output in Zoom to be Loopback, and then adding an Audio Output Capture in OBS. I can now clearly capture the sound from my guests on a Zoom call, and conduct virtual interviews with as many guests as I want. I hope this helps somebody else!