Does venting effect performance of OBS?

I've seen all the movies where you have to keep computers cool. So I guess there's some truth to that.

Since heat rises I assume you want to keep the space above the computer and anything else that generates heat free of devices or else heat gets trapped.

So now that I know about that general rule what devices should be given priority with heat clearance. I assume the two biggest power devices would be the computer itself which in my case is a Mac Mini i3 from 2018 and power brakes that power the Thunderbolt hubs should also have heat clearance.

I noticed the one hub that was giving me trouble had the power brick inside a letterbox type shelf with no holes in it on the top so I just hope that's the answer because it's a cheap way out.

And I should assume that a DVD burner and a external capture card is not as sensitive to heat, because those are 5 volts and lower amp products, therefore lower heat than stuff the Thunderbolt ports use.

If I had to prioritize which items had to be open to exposed air do I have my priorities right?