Question / Help does audio play back during streaming?

RicardoK

I'm able to record locally and also stream out to server and the audio is present. But while the stream or recording is going on, I have only video but not audio

Chidorin

"I'm able to record locally and also stream out to server and the audio is present != while the stream or recording is going on, I have only video but not audio"

audio disappears? there is no audio from the start? what do you use: wav tap, soundflower or iShow audio capture?

RicardoK

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm using video source (via rtmp). The rtmp stream has both video and audio, Steraming and recording to disk work fine with both audio and video present.

But I'm not able to preview/monitor the audio during the streaming/recording. The preview window only presents video but no audio. So there's no way for me to monitor the audio.

Same goes for the noise gate, I'm not able to do anything with it since I don't hear the audio until I play back after streaming/recording.

RicardoK

This is strange. Why should preview only be video?

After all I'm broadcasting both audio and video. How can I monitor the audio to make sure that there are no issues?

Chidorin

usually it's your default audio that you hear on your computer so i think there was no need to add it in preview + if it was you would here the noise (try opening your stream while streaming)

RicardoK

I guess I don't understand why, if there's already a video preview, why doesn't the preview also carry the audio stream? It seems logical to me that the preview should have both audio and video.

Of course I can open the stream, but for that I'd have to be uploading and downloading to/from server at the same time and that seems silly if there's already a preview window.

Does OBS really not support the stream's audio in preview? Again, that just seems illogical to me.

Chidorin

you capture the window and system audio, if preview video will have a decreased quality, preview audio quality can't be recognized by your ears + it will superimposed on your system audio