Do any one click Facebook Live plugins exist?

jonstephens63

I'm looking for a plugin or tool that would reduce the steps it takes to go live on Facebook.
Basically what I would like to have is when I open OBS and click start streaming, its connects to a Persistent Stream Key, Starts Streaming, and Goes Live all at the same time.

Background:

My church does a live stream every Sunday morning via Facebook Live. The current process to get are stream live is as follows:
1. Open OBS
2. Click settings
3. Follow Facebook link to get new stream key on the Facebook page
4. Save and Close Settings
5. Click Start Streaming in OBS
6. Add Title and Click Go Live in Facebook Live

This process works fine for me and the other sound guys/girls, but we are often short handed and it would be nice to have process that was a lot less steps for volunteers.

I can try and build one if there isn't. Just trying not to reinvent the wheel.

Regards,

Lawrence_SoCal

As someone who setup our churches livestream tech a year ago, and only uses Facebook, let me share my thoughts
- FB has been changing the interface and required data fields regularly. So good luck keeping current with a plug-in

Recommendation that you change your process, especially if you want to enable broader reach of FB stream (to non FB users) and/or to use embedded video
  • I start by logging into Facebook Live Producer (using a separate account from main church FB account, but with permissions to do video)
  • Go to Upcoming Events (Videos) -> Set up Video
    • this is for a Sunday Service (or other) previously scheduled, and we scheduled 1-2 weeks in advance
  • Copy stream key (good security is to not use Permanent Stream Key)
    • check settings (FB has been bad and I've seen settings changing when it shouldn't
    • The one default we always check is to make sure Stream doesn't have default setting of ending if video feed ends (our users notified in advance/trained) to wait for me to re-connect to finish service
  • Copy Stream Key into OBS, and test stream to make sure all is well. Stop stream until ready (10-20 before schedule live per FB rules)
  • The as handler of OBS/livestream, I also act as digital usher watching /Live/Producer for preview window, as well as comments (had to delete a couple) especially in regards to any technical issues regarding audio (I'm watchign preview video, so that I'm usually aware of, audio not always due to our setup)
  • Scheduling next service(s)
    • you already add title and description
    • when creating, you get the URL and embed code so non-FB users can watch (why we only stream to FB as all can watch and see comments... non FB users can see, but not make comments which is fine as watching YT at same time is counter-productive
    • You can also set a URL link to your church, or service bulletin, etc
    • From live producer you can see some simplistic analytics, post poll questions, etc
    • Because not 100% of our audience is a FB user (me being one of them for data privacy /security reasons for over 15 years... nor any other consumer oriented social media), but want all of them to be able to watch simultaneously, you have to use Scheduled vs just Go Live.
So, I'd suggest consider who is watching Facebook. If someone else (not on OBS PC is doing that, and that person can immediately work with OBS operator in cause technical issue in need of addressing, then great). Otherwise, using Live/Producer makes sense, in which case, what purpose does the plug-in serve

I'm just trying to share an alternative perspective. There are plenty of folks who would benefit from what you are suggesting. I'm just concerned that your target platform may not be consistent enough. And food for thought on another usage pattern which makes such a plug-in less valuable

Good Luck

Dputz

So we stream to Facebook group, Facebook page, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. We have to manually click "go live" on each page causing the scramble just before going live to occur. Any solution to this?

Lawrence_SoCal

So we stream to Facebook group, Facebook page, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. We have to manually click "go live" on each page causing the scramble just before going live to occur. Any solution to this?
you have a computer that is powerful enough to encode 4 separate video streams? or are you using something like reastream.io?
Also, for Facebook (except when it is glitching, which is often), if you use Schedule Video event, it can be configure to auto-start (if requirements met, like starting stream 10+ minutes in advance, etc - all clearly spelled out)

if using a re-streaming service, your question best posed to that service

And on a side note, I'd argue, that with typical CDNs (as you listed) you need to start a stream and give time for video re-encoding and distribution, and people time to connect (realistically a minimum of 30 seconds, easily a minute or more depending on audience). Meaning streaming a screen with a 'starting in' type message and countdown timer. Not all CDNs need to start at the same second in that scenario, so annoying to have to "Go Live" manually on each service, but doesn't need to be rushed. though I understand, it depends on nature of stream whether this approach is viable

qhobbes

I use a restreaming service, stream to a personal page and then share the post from the personal page to others.