Divorcing copy fron original

If you copy and paste for example my left eye arrangement in a stereoscopic twitch cast, XY placement is very important both within each element and between the left eye and right eye.

I have placed my images where I want them. The problem when I select all and either copy as an informal group, or formally group then unite, and paste it either as a reference or as a duplicate, and paste it on the whole right side of the 16x9 screen it has this kind of symmetry:

ABCDEFGHABCDEFGH

For the 3D effects to look right whatever corresponding images must have that symmetry above with the first h and the second a being the line of symmetry.

However when I change one of the two corresponding images on one side of the line of symmetry, it automatically changes the other and then when I reverse it they both go together.

We need some way to divorce the two elements that are copied so that the left eye and the right eye could display separate pictures on their corresponding half of the halfway line instead of being married to each other and showing the same eye on both sides of the line.

I tried both copying pasting as a reference and as a duplicate but neither seem to divorce the corresponding elements to each other.

What you would do is highlight group 1 and group 2 and then click divorce to divorce the individual element A L from Element A R (in my example) from each other as a corresponding pair.

I think I found the safest route to allow this feature.

I think selecting rename would do a good thing to be good start for divorcing those two.

Either asking this question after you rename one of them: "would you like to untie the bond between this and its copied?".

Answering yes would make it like it was a new camera and the new name does not affect the name of its mate.

Answering no would keep the old behavior.

That's probably the easiest way to handle it.

Currently renaming One automatically rename the other to the same thing.