Distorted Sound In Windows 10

Bill Music

Hope you can help. I am new to OBS. I am using a OMEN laptop / AMD Ryzen 7 / 4800H 2.9 GHz with 8 GB RAM. Windows 10. Trying to use IRIG HD 2 as audio interface (for music) for audio source. (which worked when used on Mac without this issue). The sound is coming though distorted in OBS. I have downloaded drivers for the irig and tried to make adjustments to no avail. Please let me know if there is something I am missing (with this device or settings).. thank you

Not sure, I don't even see the iRIG source initializing properly for capture in that logfile. Couple of things though:

1. Run OBS as Admin (Right click the shortcut and select run as admin, for permanent solution right click go to properties, click compatibility tab, then check box that says "Run this program as administrator" then hit apply/ok and in future it will run this way.

2. In OBS Settings go to Audio settings and change your sample rate to 48Khz instead of 44.1 to be on parity with all other devices.

3. Make sure that the "default format" for the iRig is set to 48Khz as well. Do this from the windows sound control panel, double click the iRig, and go to advanced tab and select 48Khz as default format.

There's a few other things but let's try that first. If you are hearing crazy distortion it's usually a sample rate issue, but could be outside of OBS, such as in the default format for the device properties, or could be something wonky in the drivers for the device.

Let us know how it goes :)

Patrick Ewalt / SPIKEYPUP