Question / Help Display source not available

HG8314

Hello
I want to record my screen and the "display" is not available in the source. It is not the latest version of OBS (21.1.1) but the same happens with the latest version (22.0.3)
Best wishes

Attachments

• 2018-10-26 09-29-03.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 32

HG8314

Hello, yes it is the attachement below (sorry for my bad head I am just waking up) . Display or screen capture is not available and the window capture is not satisfactory for me.
Thank you for your help. I will attach also the log.

Attachments

• screenshot-with-source.png
    screenshot-with-source.png
    408.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 2018-10-27 09-26-22.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 22

Narcogen

Is this possibly a localization issue?

My OBS 22.0.3 has 16 possible capture inputs, including NDI. You don't seem to have the NDI plugin installed, and you have 15 captures-- meaning you have the same number of options, I'm guessing that the name of one is mistranslated?

I can clearly see the equivalents for audio in and out, syphon, Jack, image, video device capture, scene, color, media, VLC, window, browser and text inputs.

On my side that leaves "display" and "blackmagic" unaccounted for. You seem to have no blackmagic software installed, so I am assuming that option is also missing from your list.

Do you have a plugin for slideshow input installed?

I assume "peripherique de capture video" is the standard video capture device option, and not the Blackmagic-specific option.

Or is "afficher la capture" not display, but rather an external device?

HG8314

"afficher la capture" option means show (display) the capture, in fact it does do the job. But I have no access to key shortcuts while I am recording.
So if I start with a config (scene) I'll have to stick to that scene until the end.
I agree it is a minor problem since I can always change my configs like that. I will start like that my recordings and edit them later to cut and use different scenes.
Thank you for pointing that to me. I thought I tried but because I started without the webcam and was unable to start it because the key shortcuts are not functionning, I did not try to record anything.

Narcogen

Click off the Scene window. While the Scenes tab has focus, hotkeys are probably just going to cause you to jump to whatever scene is named with the letter closest to the key you pressed. Try opening another window, like the Stats window, and giving that focus, and then testing whether your hotkeys work.

Having a display capture source in your scene, by itself, doesn't affect whether OBS responds to hotkeys or not.

HG8314

I could do one capture correctly. I think every thing is working properly in fact. It is just a problem of translation
=> I would propose to replace "affichage de la capture" by "capture de l'affichage".