Question / Help Display capture settings empty

Kj_Endurance

Whenever I try to add a new display capture source, the properties window only says "no properties available", even though my monitor is connected to
the computer. It looks like this:
Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 5.37.02 PM.png

Has anyone here ever had this problem before?
Help would be appreciated, Thanks!

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Make sure OBS Studio is up to date (should be v24.0.6).

Then, ensure OBS has permissions to access your devices.

1) Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2) Click the icon labelled Security & Privacy.
3) Click the Privacy tab at the top.
4) In the lefthand column, click on 'Microphone', 'Camera', or 'Screen recording' to manage app permissions.
5) Tick the box for OBS

servo

I think I have the same issue or worse. OBS used to work moths ago and just didn’t use fir 2-3 months.

when I reused since yesterday had no audio so I DL soundflower to no avail. Tried some tho Ike IShownU(?) still the same.

I reinstalled OBS and black screen results without bottom controls like scene, sources, controls etc.

Mac Sierra 10.13

servo

My problem now is when I add display capture there are so many fractional displays aside from the whole small display in the middle. When I hit ok the small display disappears and large fractional displays are present. Clicking on the upper left corner close to a red line border and moving it to line up on the edge of black screen doesn’t bring back the small whole display.
YouTube says drag the corner to the middle then drag back to the corner until the small middle display appears, to no avail.

I’m pc novice, please help.

servo

I think I got it despite futile efforts from so many searches.
Just display capture, then right click on it, properties, fit to screen/window trials.