Disk usage

DmytroUAAA

Hi! I can`t figure out why free space on my C (system) ssd is still decreasing every time obs launched as I don`t record and I set another ssd for recording?

AaronD

By how much?

There are logfiles, that are immensely useful for troubleshooting, but they're nowhere near big enough to notice on any modern storage device. Even the verbose setting, which is not on by default, isn't *that* big. If you're really that close to full, then you've got some other major issues to work out.

I believe the newest 5 logs are kept and the rest are deleted, if I remember right, so it's not like you'll slowly fill it up......unless you run OBS 24/7 without ever shutting down. THEN you might end up with a 4GiB logfile after a (long) while, just because you're not allowing it to do that housekeeping.

Lawrence_SoCal

It is possible that a plugin, not OBS, is doing something and using space on system drive. I am only guessing, but I could see chroma-filtering or other such plugins consuming a bunch of temp space

DmytroUAAA

By how much?

There are logfiles, that are immensely useful for troubleshooting, but they're nowhere near big enough to notice on any modern storage device. Even the verbose setting, which is not on by default, isn't *that* big. If you're really that close to full, then you've got some other major issues to work out.

I believe the newest 5 logs are kept and the rest are deleted, if I remember right, so it's not like you'll slowly fill it up......unless you run OBS 24/7 without ever shutting down. THEN you might end up with a 4GiB logfile after a (long) while, just because you're not allowing it to do that housekeeping.
Thank you!
It is possible that a plugin, not OBS, is doing something and using space on system drive. I am only guessing, but I could see chroma-filtering or other such plugins consuming a bunch of temp space
Thank you!

DmytroUAAA

By how much?

But where are those logfiles? And can I delete it?