Did OBS cause an audio conflict with my onboard sound and Native Instruments ext Soundcard?

yourmumscuddly

I have turntables/mixer running into a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 ext soundcard. This is connected to Dell Vostro 470 desktop PC via USB. I'm running Windows 10. In the recent past (i.e. the week before I installed OBS) I used Cool Edit Pro 2.0 to record external audio (i.e. Dj mixes) without any problems.

Recently I installed OBS Studio to stream a live DJ broadcast using Mixcloud LIVE. After installing OBS I found that I couldn't get any line levels on Cool Edit or OBS. I checked all sound settings and there's no audio signal coming into Windows from either the onboard sc or my NI ext sc. I can see that the mixer is sending a signal and the NI soundcard is receiving a signal. I am getting video but no audio from Logitech Pro Webcam c920.

A friend took a look at the issue and suggested that the propriety "MAXX Audio" Software (something to do with Dell/Windows) is now taking over audio (likely triggered by OBS install as everything was working fine before this). The idea he said, is that Maxx Audio is not able to manage the NI soundcard (perhaps too old?) and therefore acting as if there is no signal.

I have tried:

Uninstalling OBS/Reinstalling OBS
Updating NI drivers
Firmware update
BIOS update
Checked all leads/swapped USB cables/swapped USB ports
Removed all USBs (other HDDs etc) except Soundcard
Tried to connect mixer (audio in) directly to 3.5mm inputs onboard soundcard
Uninstall and reinstall NI soundcard and all drivers
Rollback drivers
Rollback to last Windows update
Disable onboard audio in BIOS
There is no other audio components to uninstall/remove in Device Manager or Sound Settings
Checked all levels are turned up/not muted

Update: Maxx Audio is now not listed anywhere (I can't even find the app on my PC), so I can't uninstall. It seems to have magically appeared and disappeared with the OBS software.

But the problem is still happening. No audio coming into my PC from any source.

Let's start here: I want to record an audio signal on my Dell desktop. After installing OBS (and subsequently uninstalling) I'm not getting any levels (i.e. audio signal) from either the onboard sound OR from the external soundcard (which is a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6).
"Audio out" functionality seems fine and no other sound settings seem to be having issues i.e. I can still plug in/hear sound outbound through headphones, get signal out to ext speakers/mixer etc.

This is doing my head in! Any suggestions (other than smash the computer with a lump of wood)?