Desktop sound output plugin, good / bad idea ?

blimblim

Hello.

For various reasons I really need to be able to get the sound from my Blackmagic card out to the PC audio output. I'm not the best developer around, but I think it's something I could tackle based on the dshow plugin.
So I have two options, one is to blindly copy/paste the audio output code of the dshow plugin into decklink and fiddle with it until I have something that more or less work.
The other would be to take the audio output code of the dshow plugin and put it into another plugin dedicated to just this. Just add it as a transform filter to the blackmagic plugin and it would do the work. I think it would be way more elegant than just duplicating code from one plugin to another.
I would like to give the second option a try, but before I go and try that, I'd like to know if there are any reasons why this wouldn't be doable. I quickly browsed the code of the noise gain filter and it's very different from what I saw in the dshow plugin, so I figure maybe it's in a context where it's simply not able to do what I want.

What do you guys think?

I'll of course release whatever I manage to do (assuming I get it to work of course).

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
What we really need is a proper audio monitoring solution, especially for things like the Media source so people can hear their videos or audio files that they are playing for people in their sources, but possibly also as a more generic solution for the Blackmagic source, or as a replacement for what we already have in the dshow plugin.