Desktop Audio showing in mixer, but not playing to stream?

chrimchrimbo

Hello, I've been having this issue for awhile now. Essentially, my game audio/desktop audio is playing fine through the mixer in OBS, but my chat tells me (and I confirm) I can't hear that desktop audio live.

This seems to be happening when I alt-tab, or switch games.

The only fix I've found so far is once the problem happens, turn off desktop audio in my settings, then apply, and turn it back on, and apply.

For whatever reason, this works, but I'd like to not have to do this everytime.

Log attached.

Attachments

• 2020-07-18 19-26-36.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 12

Alex_Doss

Hello,
One thing that can cause this issue is if you are monitoring the audio but not outputting, to see if this is the case click the cog by "Desktop Audio" then click "Advanced Audio Properties" under "Audio Monitoring" check if "Desktop Audio" is either "Monitor Off" or "Monitor and Output".

chrimchrimbo

Hello,
One thing that can cause this issue is if you are monitoring the audio but not outputting, to see if this is the case click the cog by "Desktop Audio" then click "Advanced Audio Properties" under "Audio Monitoring" check if "Desktop Audio" is either "Monitor Off" or "Monitor and Output".

Good thought. I have looked into this and it wasn't the issue, unfortunately.

EdK

Hi chrimchrimbo,

I ran into the same thing as you but unlike you, I was trying to play an mp3 file as a source.

Looked for a solution for hours with no luck.

So what I did was create an mp4 (video) file from the mp3 and inserted a fixed image for the 'video' portion of the file and that worked. No longer had to "Monitor Off" and "Monitor and Output" each time in order to hear the audio.