Desktop Audio records Elgato Capture Card

maryquinn

Hello, so i'm using the old Elgato Game Capture HD (Not HD60) and i know many people have the issue where they don't have Elgato Audio in OBS but i do have Audio i hear everything fine on my Headset. My problem is that for some reason that i can't figure out, my Desktop Audio is also recording the Elgato even when the sound is actually only playing on my headphones and not anywhere on my desktop. So when i start my stream the viewers hear everything double because the desktop audio is also playing the game sound. So far i just muted the Desktop Audio completly to be able to stream, but that way my viewers won't hear Alerts (i hear them) or Music i'm playing. I just want to know how i can stop the Desktop Audio from recording the Elgato Game Sounds...

English is not my first language, i hope it's understandable what my problem is.

rockbottom

Audio Capture.JPG

rockbottom

Desktop Audio is muted (Speaker is RED with an x next to it) in OBS so it will not output to the stream/recording & I'm monitoring & outputting VLC. In your case it will be your capture card instead of VLC.

To get to the Advanced Audio properties click on the gear next to the speaker icon.

maryquinn

Desktop Audio is muted (Speaker is RED with an x next to it) in OBS so it will not output to the stream/recording

Oh! But that's the thing i want Desktop Audio so my Alerts can be heard on stream. Is that not possible while using the Elgato and it will always be like that?

rockbottom

See the Audio Monitoring in the Advanced Audio above? Instead of setting it to Monitor & Output set it to Monitor Only (Mute Output) & unmute the Desktop Audio. Your viewers will hear your game capture & desktop.

maryquinn

See the Audio Monitoring in the Advanced Audio above? Instead of setting it to Monitor & Output set it to Monitor Only (Mute Output) & unmute the Desktop Audio. Your viewers will hear your game capture & desktop.

Yea, i did all that multiple times already :/ They can indeed hear both but the Elgato Sound will be heard double. I don't get why the Desktop Audio is even recording the Elgato when i find that out i can probably solve it