Question / Help Desktop Audio not registering

shibe808

I'm running Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro and I recently downloaded both Windows 10 and the 64 bit OBS software. I didn't officially buy the license for Windows 10, since I have a mac, but I've been able to mess around with the inputs and outputs for audio on my desktop. However, OBS isn't registering the desktop audio because the audio bar isn't moving while I have music playing in the background. I tried putting all volumes all the way up and it still didn't register it. I have tried putting the desktop audio and mic/aux in OBS to default, speakers, and headphones, but it still doesn't register that there's noise coming from the desktop. Do I have to buy the Windows 10 license for this to work? If so I'm willing to do so but I'm hoping I don't have to and somebody can help me get this fixed.

shibe808

Yea of course!

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 87

carlmmii

Sorry, not the actual settings, but the main OBS window where your scenes/sources and mixer are shown. Just want to make sure everything is at least showing up as expected there, even if the mixer bars aren't moving.

The log file would still be useful as well.

shibe808

For the log files do you want just the general view of all or do you want screenshots of each and every one?

carlmmii

Ok, so from OBS's point of view, it's apparently not encountering any device initialization errors. Bootcamp is always a pain to deal with, so just forewarning, there's a lot of possible links of the chain that could be broken here.

First thing to check is exclusivity control. Go to windows settings -> System -> Sound -> Sound Control Panel. Open the properties for your playback device, go to the Advanced tab, and uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

If that doesn't fix things, the next thing to try is running OBS in administrator mode. From there, try switching between the "Default" device and the actual audio device for your desktop audio.

If that still doesn't work, then try installing the latest bootcamp drivers.

If that still doesn't work, then the next step would be to see if installing standard Realtek audio drivers on top of that somehow fixes things.