Delay or other way to hide windows switch when recording?

GearHeadOSU

Noob to OBS here... I want to record a web browser window with my web cam overlaid in the corner. I know how to set that up. Challenge: when I want to start recording, I need to have the OBS window active, click Start Recording, then switch to the browser window. At end of portion I want to record, need to switch back to OBS window and stop recording. Now my output video allows viewers to see me start recording and switch windows, then switch back and stop recording.
Is there a clever way to not include these "end tasks" at beginning and end of video without taking the output video into a video processing software and clipping off the ends?

Thanks!

StinkiPoo

You can actually set hotkeys to start, stop, or pause the recording. It's under settings > hotkeys. Attached is a screenshot for your reference.

Attachments

• Hotkey.jpg
    Hotkey.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 85

mattbatt

Also if you add a source that is a window capture instead of a display capture it will show your browser window at all times. It will also display a ghost mouse cursor as you are doing things in OBS but it's better than nothin'
1594094550693.png