DDJ1000 Headphone Cue Issue

Drowez

Hello and thanks for any help. I am trying to get my Cue in my headphones working properly, right now I am hearing whats being broadcasted to OBS in my headphones at all times, when i enable Cue it gets louder. I want to have just my Cue coming through my headphones instead of the output audio all the time. I am running Windows10 with a DDJ1000 and Rekordbox software. Thanks again for any input, much appreciated.

robin_pens

Are you referring to the headphones plugged into the DDJ1000? Or are the headphones plugged into your computer?

Portland Bill

If the headphones are plugged into the controller unit, make sure the cue mix knob is turned anticlockwise, and the cue button is pressed above the relevant track you want to listen to.

The cue system mixes whichever track you have selected, with the master output, so it sounds like you're just not selecting your next track to be cued.

Drowez

@Portland Bill, the issue is that I am hearing whatever song is playing constantly in my cue headphones, so when I am trying to cue a new song the song playing at the time is overpowering the cue song. I am cueing the song correctly, I'm trying to get the constant song out of the headphones and only have the cue song in the headphones.

robin_pens

@Drowez, sorry for the slow response. This doesn't sound like an issue with OBS then, but a configuration issue with either the DDJ-1000 or any other software that you're running with it. Are you routing the audio from OBS directly into the DDJ-1000 or via another piece of software such as Serato or Rekordbox?

@Portland Bill made the suggestion I was going to make; sounds like either you are also monitoring the Master or Booth output, or that the Headphone Mixing knob isn't all the way to the left, therefore giving you a monitoring mix of both Cue and Master Output.

Drowez

@robin_pens Everything worked normal prior to setting up OBS for streaming. The master/cue knob is in the correct position and not the issue. I am running Rekordbox I know it is just a basic setting I'm just not sure how to set it correctly would be my guess. I am running VB-Audio using their virtual audio cable as well.

robin_pens

@Drowez, sorry again for the slow response. I'm really not sure if I can help any further I'm afraid, without fully understanding how you've got everything routed in your system. Have you managed to solve the issue?

One thing to get to grips with in OBS is the Advanced Audio Settings - here you'll see your audio devices and can configure which ones are being monitored.

djbg2002

I had a similiar issue. Change your output channels accordingly:
Master Output - DDJ-1000 ASIO - Master
Headphones Output - DDJ-1000 ASIO - Phones
Booth Output - blank

Drowez

That is for when you are not streaming that I know of @djbg2002 I am running VB-Audio Virtual Cable and not sure on the correct settings for this setup is what I'm trying to figure out.