Custom luma wipes in OBS 28

Starfia

In OBS 27 and earlier, it was possible to add custom luma wipes by opening the app bundle's package, finding the folder in which the luma wipes' greyscale source images were stored, adding your own, and updating the folder's JSON file to register it.

In OBS 28, it looks like those images are no longer stored as files within a folder in the application package, and I can't find them in Application Support or anything either. I rely heavily on custom luma wipes, so I haven't upgraded.

Have custom luma wipes essentially been prevented by the OBS 28 build, or is there some other similar way to do it? The next-easiest way I can think of would be to create a custom stinger transition with only a track matte, but sizing and animating that is a whole lot more work and data than simply providing a greyscale image and using a mechanism that's already designed to utilize it.

Thank you for any insight!

attaboyBrad

In OBS 27 and earlier, it was possible to add custom luma wipes by opening the app bundle's package, finding the folder in which the luma wipes' greyscale source images were stored, adding your own, and updating the folder's JSON file to register it.

In OBS 28, it looks like those images are no longer stored as files within a folder in the application package, and I can't find them in Application Support or anything either. I rely heavily on custom luma wipes, so I haven't upgraded.

Have custom luma wipes essentially been prevented by the OBS 28 build, or is there some other similar way to do it? The next-easiest way I can think of would be to create a custom stinger transition with only a track matte, but sizing and animating that is a whole lot more work and data than simply providing a greyscale image and using a mechanism that's already designed to utilize it.

Thank you for any insight!
Did you look in '/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/PlugIns/obs-transitions.plugin/Contents/Resources/luma_wipes'? I seem to have files there as of OBS 28.1.2.

Any idea where I'd find the JSON you mentioned?

Starfia

Goodness grapefruit, Brad, you solved it for me. I'd scoured the application package, but it hadn't occurred to me that OBS plug-ins were packages that could be further inspected; I was thinking they were super-compiled and impenetrable. (And the familiar JSON file was in there with the luma wipe images as well.)

May I prove so helpful to somebody someday.