Question / Help Custom File Name

cha0sunity

Hello. I am using obs to do desktop recordings and need to have the recorded file name default to the user name that is logged into windows. What can I put in the custom file name block to allow this to happen? Thanks for your help.

Suslik V

Recordings names are fixed or only date/time variables supported. Run OBS Studio Portable mode for each user.
Links to portable step-by-step: 4 records in the same time

Also, you may create profile for each user and use command line keys to start OBS Studio with the required profile.

cha0sunity

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately I can't use this as a solution. I am having multiple users record video to a shared network drive and I am trying to find a way to differentiate who recorded the video without having to open each video.

Try using profiles. For each user, has their own profile. For each profile you can change the "Filename Formatting" in Settings/Advanced.

I'm not sure how this would work for multiple users, meaning would OBS keep track of each windows user as to which profile they used last. At least each user could select their own profile without having to dig through the advanced settings to change it each time.

== Edit == I didn't read all of @Suslik V 's response, lol. I didn't know about the command line stuff.