Question / Help Cursor Lag on El Capitan

directmusic

Hi, I am a music production streamer on Twitch and have been running into an issue. After I upgraded to Yosemite last year OBS stopped capturing my mouse cursor when using the Display Capture source. That was fixed in version 0.10.0 of OBS. But for some reason since version 0.10.0 the cursor capture has caused slight input lag on the mouse that I notice while working. It is quite minor and difficult to explain. It feels as if the overall framerate of the mouse has decreased and at some points feels inconsistently lower as if it is dropping frames.

I tested this using similar display capture software such as screensharing on Skype, Quicktime display capture, and using Mac's built in VNC system. All of which capture the cursor. None cause the cursor input lag that I am experiencing with OBS.

I have also tried different small fix ideas such as turning off the live preview in OBS, upping the framerate in OBS, and trying OBS on a fresh install of Mac. None fixed this issue.

I'm curious what changed from Mac OS 10.9 to 10.10 that required a different cursor capture method? and how I might alleviate the issue?

Thank you