Question / Help CS:GO fullscreen lag

OldGregg546

Fullscreen csgo with obs open is extremely laggy, but windowed fullscreen isnt

EDIT: it was windows aero

Last edited:

ashendie

Have you tried disabling the multicore rendering option in CS go? Mine was a bit choppy until I disabled that.

OldGregg546

Have you tried disabling the multicore rendering option in CS go? Mine was a bit choppy until I disabled that.
the game runs at 700 fps if im not running obs and unlock it from 300, and even with obs open its over 200 but choppy as all hell
it looks like you are using x264 encoder, why not use NVIDIA encoder or Intel Quick Sync?
because they look like crap and aren't available in the multi platform version with windows 7

I should add that I've been able to stream it fullscreen before without this problem. the log analyzer for the non-MP obs says that obs-MP's window capture dll is causing hook issues even when OBS-MP isnt running, and if I uninstall obs-mp it then says something is causing hook issues that it can't identify, but I have NO overlays running whatsoever

Last edited:

max20091

because they look like crap and aren't available in the multi platform version with windows 7

OBS MP support all encoder using GPU as a media foundation encoder
Intel Quick Sync is even better because you never using it and it better than NVIDIA and AMD VCE

OldGregg546

derp.jpg
OBS MP support all encoder using GPU as a media foundation encoder
Intel Quick Sync is even better because you never using it and it better than NVIDIA and AMD VCE
NVENC is not selectable in windows 7 version of OBS-MP, I know this because I have regular OBS installed and can select it just fine there.
Compared to x264 the rest look terrible at streaming bitrates.