Question / Help Crossfade inputs to projector

digitalyssa

Hi there,

I am looking to use OBS to switch two outputs from my video manipulation software to my main projector for the use of VJing. I have both outputs going through syphon and set up each on it's own scene in OBS. I just want to be able to crossfade between the two outputs and for it to switch live to my projector.

Is it possible to do that?

TIA! Alyssa

Narcogen

If you're in Studio mode, there should be a "Scene Transition" pulldown. The default setting is Cut, but there is a Fade transition with a setting for how long the fade takes.

Does that do what you need?

digitalyssa

When I do that, it definitely shows me that it switched on the right, but the actual second screen (projector) doesn't change. Am I missing something?

Narcogen

Maybe I've misunderstood. Are you trying to use OBS as a video switcher? It's basically for recording or streaming. Performing a scene change will change what is being streamed and/or recorded from one scene setup to another. Unless you've got some other hardware that is receiving either the stream or the recorded media and displaying on your main projector, I'm not sure how to use OBS to do what you describe. Perhaps someone else knows better.