Question / Help Cropping not working?

Nsw42

I just installed OSB on my Mac Book Pro 2017 Touchbar (running High Sierra 10.13.3).
I can create a new "Display capture" source for my second monitor ... and the capture has a red border.
I can use the mouse and by dragging, I can shrink/enlarge the red-bordered frame (but it keeps showing the whole screen).
The help pages say that using the ALT key I could manually crop the selected area (which is exactly what I want to do). But well:
  • There is no ALT key on my Mac keyboard
  • There are of course: control, option, command
    But none of these keys would enable that "manual cropping" mode that gives me a green border and only a certain part of the selected display.
So - am I doing something wrong? How do I get OBS to record the content of some manually defined rectangle area on some display?
( beyond that: very nice tool, and I found it super helpful that you give clear instructions how to use IShineU to do audio "loop backing" )

Last edited:

Narcogen

In the scene you're working in, right click the display capture and choose Filter. Add the crop/pad filter to the source.

pkacp

Suslik V - can you explain to me if this code in GitHub you've pasted needs to be installed somehow on my Mac for this to work or it is included in standard insulation of OBS and newest update on Mac done? I'm asking because I have the same problem - holding "Option" doesn't allow to crop the window as it works on Windows.

Thanks for help

Suslik V

@pkacp No. That means that required code already exist in the application. 4 years gone as it was merged. Cropping window? Only obs Source can be cropped, not window. Before v22.0.0 of the application the Bounding Box Type should be set to No bounds first (in the Edit Transform of the source).

If there is bug, please report it separately with your obs log-files etc.

DJOhMyGord

For cropping in OBS on Mac: Pressing Fn (function) + Option + Dragging Mouse on Mac is the same as just pressing ALT + Dragging Mouse for cropping in Windows.
I have a Macbook Pro 2015 (also use windows on a different laptop.) Hope this helps.