Crop-like OBS

iRyusa

Hello,

I recently switched to OBS Multiplatform and i'm amazed by the works you're doing.

I know that's still a WIP build, but the new way of cropping by filter is so... not user friendly. I know, it works but it feels so disconnected rather than having a ALT+Resize on the source preview directly. Is this planned to bringing back the old cropping method in a near future ?

Thanks !

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yes I am going to rework it. The filter is pretty terrible in comparison at the moment and was meant as a "for the time being" sort of solution so users would have at least something to use in the mean time. So it will be fixed.

Matthew Lyon

When you do implement the way cropping was done in the original OBS, are you planning on removing the cropping filter or will you be keeping both methods?

The older way of cropping was definitely faster and easier to work with, but I also like how I can specify the dimensions I want with text in the cropping filter. Would it be possible to link the two methods together so that when I adjust the cropping of a source within the scene, the values used are reflected in the cropping filter?

Osiris

I am guessing, when the old way will be implemented, when you crop it would automatically add a crop filter.
But I don't know @Jim 's plans about it