Crashing on startup, Invalid Parameters

YupItsJaysus

OBS randomly started crashing on startup, Failed to Initialize Video: Invalid Parameters.

Attachments

• 2020-08-27 16-14-44.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 18

FerretBomb

What kind of GPU do you have in the system? It looks like your GPU drivers cannot handle D3D or OpenGL, normally meaning they're either not present (a DX12-compliant video card is a minimum requirement to use OBS) or are corrupted; in which case doing a clean-install of the latest GPU drivers generally will fix things up.

YupItsJaysus

AMD Radeon RX 570, I was always able to record 720p 60fps until after I restarted my computer one time. I've restarted it a few times since and have even uninstalled and reinstalled OBS.

FerretBomb

AMD Radeon RX 570, I was always able to record 720p 60fps until after I restarted my computer one time. I've restarted it a few times since and have even uninstalled and reinstalled OBS.
Recommend doing a full uninstall and clean install of the latest Radeon drivers then. Reinstalling OBS won't fix the problem if it's the GPU drivers that are causing it.

koala

You might have accidentally misconfigured the canvas resolution in OBS. OBS chokes on that. In this case no reinstallation of anything will fix the issue but starting OBS with a fresh or repaired configuration. To restart OBS fresh, go to %APPDATA% in Windows explorer and locate the obs-studio directory. Remove/rename it, so OBS will create a fresh default configuration.

In case you are able to edit ini files with a text editor, you can try to fix the configuration instead:
Go to %APPDATA%\basic\profiles and enter the directory of your current profile. In this directory there is a file basic.ini. Load it into the Windows text Editor app. Locate the [Video] section. Find these entries:
[Video]
OutputCX=1920
OutputCY=1080
BaseCX=1920
BaseCY=1080
If these entries don't contain sane values in your ini, reset them to 1920x1080 like in my example, save the file, and try to restart OBS.

Last edited: