Question / Help Crashing on exit with Catalina / Mac

MrCliff

Hello. First poster here :)

Loving the app. I just installed it on my new Mac Pro running Catalina and it seems stable enough - although I haven't done a full length live stream yet... It does crash quite often when I close the app. It doesn't appear to corrupt any of the files but I'm afraid it might.

Next time it does it, I'll grab the Log file and post it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

OBS 25.0.7 (Mac)
OS 10.15.3

InSinkProductions

I have this same issue. My OBS crashes on every exit. Finally one day, It corrupted my scene, and I couldn't open OBS either. I trashed OBS scenes and rebuilt from a recent backup (Exported scene). I suspect the scene itself is the issue in my particular case. If I trash the OBS scenes and start from scratch, OBS doesn't crash on exit. It will also crash when I switch to or from this scene. The scene is fairly large and bloated though. If yours is crashing from a simple scene, I'd say you may have a different problem. If you can load or create a simple or new scene, and it stops your crashing issue, then your scene is likely corrupt, as I suspect mine is. I don't have a solution to this problem that will prevent me from totally starting from scratch with my "huge" every time consuming scene though. Good luck