Bug Report crashes with white screen

Neko X

I started using obs MP just the other day, works damn well have only a few problems

1. cant get the foobar now playing to show up through text OR Browser source, (nightdev alert works fine)

2. the el gato has that old problem of slowly getting out of sync with my desktop audio and cam. This was fixed in the regular OBS not too long ago so im guessing it has not been implemented. I have the camera and the desktop audio set with the filter. The audio and video of the el gato are in sync with each other though!! :o)

3. After a short time 2 min or even a long time 30 min, I get a random crash of white screen in my preview window and then OBS MP quits itself (disappears).

I love the fact that other than these I think that MP is a great program and I look forward to any fixes in the future!!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2015-04-18 09-23-00.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 55

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
For #1 I'm not sure what your settings are, I might need more information about how you're getting the text to display.

For #2 that sort of issue with the elgato definitely shouldn't be happening. Try turning off "use buffering" to see if it helps at all as a temporary measure.

#3 - Never heard of that happening before. I'm definitely confused.

I'm also curious about what your FFmpeg output settings are. I wonder if there's something going on with that which might be contributing to the problem, because I've never heard of #3 happening before, and you don't seem to have any sources which would normally cause any problems.

Do you get a regular crash report at all?

Neko X

#1 im using the Browser to display the text file for the now playing in Foobar( old way for OBS1) I also tried the newer foobar display (HTML file) neither works. I just get the text that are in the field in Foobar. so both ways that Jack0r has shown. I read that flash implementation is different in this version so that might be it.

#2 I tried disabling the buffer, and auto detect and both seem to give me issues. I get skipping with no buffer, and a quicker desync on auto.

#3 no regular crash report, I turned off the FFMpeg output and went back to simple. And I was able to record for about 30 minutes with no problem, I then turned it off due to time restraints. I also rolled back my NVidia driver to 347.88 so that may have helped.

Also I was starting to get the texture fail crash in regular OBS so I troubleshot that, checked overheating and driver issues so that may have been what was causing this.

Thank you for your response!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Okay, again for #1, I am not sure if there's flash support in the windows version of this particular browser plugin currently. It's not my code so it's a bit more difficult for me to check out, but I'm pretty sure that if it's missing it then it'll be implemented at some point.

#2 Yea that sounds about what I would expect. The frames don't come in evenly so I'm unsurprised that would happen. Not sure what to suggest though, shouldn't be any different from regular OBS either because it doesn't do anything particularly different. Perhaps the elgato is running at a different internal resolution in both? Might be something to check because that will undoubtedly make a difference.