Question / Help Crash/Internet Loss

WillGotGas

Been using OBS for a while, always had to wrestle with it to get it to work but eventually it would be okay. Recently installed it today after not using it in a long time, and came across the most bizarre issue i've ever come across.

Stream will work for a minute or two, then my internet will slow down to almost nothing, to where i disconnect from whatever i'm doing and can't load a webpage, then a minute later it pops back up.

Even stranger, when I try to stop the stream, it just says "stopping stream," and never actually stops it. OBS will crash, and i'll have to force close it, but for some reason every minute or 2 my internet will continue cutting out for brief periods, as if it's still streaming even after it's closed.

I closed firewalls, and tried lowering bandwith, I figured since it automatically set to 6k bitrate, that could be a bit high. Went and set it to 3500, the issue persisted. Never have I experienced an application cutting my internet out before. I consistently run 260 download 30 upload, with a good computer, i7, 16gb ram, more than enough for what i'm doing.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Sounds like some bad 3rd party networking / firewall / security software messing with your connection.

WillGotGas

Played 20 rounds of CSGO with xSplit and the issue started repeating itself only alittle less extreme. I've tried turning off Windows Protector and that hasn't effected it. Clueless as to what could be causing it.