crap audio on streaming ... less resolution than my streaming settings

EOR

Hello to all ... new to OBS ... excellent interface and functionality of the software... just made my first Facebook LIVE a couple of days ago but I ended with TERRIBLE streamed audio ... check the downloaded file with media info and, to my surprise, it only has 64 kbps when my settings were 128 kbps ... how is this possible?, does OBS changes the audio resolution by itself? ... and it sounds AWFUL ... running a MacBook air, audio from HDMI output from a camera connected (thunderbolt) to the Mac ...

Maybe you're expecting too much from your machine processing-wise. Not sure why you'd want 128 kps audio which the viewers can't appreciate. Maybe drop everything down first to the 48 kps, CD quality and get your camera frames down to 25 fps and 720. Also are you streaming using an adapter to ethernet connection - please don't reply wifi...

EOR

well ... my viewers (and myself) can't tolerate very poor quality audio ... that's for sure .... and, I think you're confusing the CD sampling frequency audio spec (which is 44.1 kHz but with a bitrate of 1411 Kbps) ... I'm talking of just 128 kbps ... typical poor mp3 audio resolution ... and yes I'm using an ethernet connection (60 Mbps upload speed) and my camera is according to Facebook specs (720, 30fps) ....... and I still don't know why the final audio in the streaming has less resolution (64) than my setting (128 kbps) .... very disappointed with OBS quality stteaming ....

Tangential

well ... my viewers (and myself) can't tolerate very poor quality audio ... that's for sure .... and, I think you're confusing the CD sampling frequency audio spec (which is 44.1 kHz but with a bitrate of 1411 Kbps) ... I'm talking of just 128 kbps ... typical poor mp3 audio resolution ... and yes I'm using an ethernet connection (60 Mbps upload speed) and my camera is according to Facebook specs (720, 30fps) ....... and I still don't know why the final audio in the streaming has less resolution (64) than my setting (128 kbps) .... very disappointed with OBS quality stteaming ....
I don't know why your bit rate would be cut in half but have you set your OBS audio up as stereo and are only sending in a mono signal? I've never been particularly happy with audio that I've brought in via HDMI. I typically bring my audio into a soundboard and route that output (usually via a USB3 sound device) into OBS.

I didn't know that hdmi to thunderbolt worked to transmit video AND audio into a mac.
I use a firewire camera with adapter to thunderbolt and use a mixer with usb to supply audio.