Crackly Audio

Chelcicle

Greetings!

I am writing as someone not particularly tech savvy, but as part of my job, I have been trial and erroring my way through streaming using OBS. And for months, it worked; the major problems were purely on my end and I knew what to do to fix them.

However, three weeks ago, the audio from my microphone became crackly all the time during our official streams. The audio is incomprehensible because of how bad the distortion is on the microphone. However, any prerecorded elements were untouched, so I thought the issue was my microphone, but a new microphone did not fix the problem.

To make matters even stranger, when I run my test recordings and test streams (using Facebook live for both the official and test streams), the audio works the way it is supposed to. It's only during the official streams that we are having issues. And then, both the stream and the backup recording have the same static over the microphone the entire time. I can't figure out what I could possibly be doing differently between the tests and the official streams. I'm using the same room, internet, websites, programs, equipment, etc. And it works ten minutes before the official stream. And it works ten minutes after our allotted time. During the recordings and the streams, all other devices that use the internet are turned off.

I'm just at my wit's end. What settings could I possibly be changing between "test" and "live?" Are there any common culprits that I may have missed?

Thank you for any advice you have.

Goreebar

I had crackling audio ALWAYS... turned out it happens when my laptop is plugged to the power outlet. Honestly I dont know why, but I solved this issue by streaming with battery only :(