Bug Report CPU Usage is through the roof on 12.3 MP

Deadsens3

The last few updates have drivin my cpu usage up into the 80-90's. which has been causing major stutters. I run a dual PC setup so OBS is the only thing running on my i7 960 16gb ram and 120 SSD. Ive tried to clean up the PC to see if that's the issue and it hasn't helped. Any thoughts?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Please post a log file. There wasn't any recent or even semi-recent change that would cause CPU usage increase, let alone in such a way, so I highly doubt it's related to the version.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Make a new scene collection (not just a new scene) and check your CPU usage before adding any sources. Still high, or back to normal? If it's normal, try adding back sources one at a time until you find the one that's causing performance issues.

Deadsens3

Thanks that helped huge. Im still around 11-15% idle but i do have mp open along with TA and my channel so that could be why

Osiris

Your CPU isn't very powerful though, although it might be downclocking, have you checked the temperature?

DEDRICK

09:25:33.098: [x264 encoder: 'streaming_h264'] preset: faster
09:52:59.254: Output 'adv_stream': Number of skipped frames: 10252 (20.7598%)

You're trying to do too much with a CPU that is weaker than a 2500K. 1080p30 isn't easy to encode plus it looks really bad at low bitrates.

What is your main PC? Do you actually need a dual PC setup?

Last edited: