Question / Help CPU Usage = 50-60%

chp129

I've been using OBS for over a year without any issue. Over the last 2 streams I've encountered an issue with OBS where CPU usage has shot up. I tried what was listed in the sticky at the top of the forum, but nothing changed. Hoping someone might have some insight.

I even actually lowered the stream quality (was streaming in 1080p, but moved it to 720 a few months back).

I've also watched some videos on youtube where people are saying not to rescale the output. I tried taking it off, but it didn't change anything with regards to my CPU usage.

Here is my log
https://gist.github.com/fe271888a2ac6865bc40b3f50cdeb9e6

Any help is appreciated.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
There's no stream/recording attempt in that log, can you get a new log that has an attempt to stream or record? Will need to see what settings you're using.

However, that said, you have quite a lot of scenes and sources, including a bunch of browser sources. Those are notorious for chewing up CPU, and is something that's outside our control (it's the web pages you might be loading that can cause issues, not OBS).

Might be best to try duplicating your scene collection (menu at the top of OBS) so you can delete scenes/sources until you identify which one might be causing the issue.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
That log still has no stream/record attempt in it.

To duplicate your scene collection, simply use the Scene Collection menu at the top of OBS.

One you have the duplicate, you can safely delete stuff without having to worry about it affecting your main Scene Collection (all your stuff will be saved). This can help narrow down issues by identifying what sources/scenes are causing the high CPU use.