Question / Help CPU too high when recording 1280x720p60

If you experience problems and then find a magical fix for it, it would be helpful for the community to know about that solution, it could help others in the future.

amsyar ZeRo

If you experience problems and then find a magical fix for it, it would be helpful for the community to know about that solution, it could help others in the future.

Okay,so here's my settings before it was fixed:(Note the bolds)

Output:

Simple
Video bitrate:3000
Audio bitrate:160
Advanced encoder settings(Enabled):CPU preset:superfast

Video:

Renderer:OpenGL(Only this)
Base resolution:1366x768(My display monitor size)
Downscale resolution:1280x720

Common FPS values:60

Okay,so the settings above?Don't work for a Macbook Air Mid 2011 11' as the CPU shoots high up to 41 when only recording.Finding ways to reduce the CPU usage,even thinking about setting the FPS to 59.94(no 60 fps:[)

But then this happened:(Next post)

amsyar ZeRo

I was searching for ways to reduce CPU usage and found this video of a Mac at 720p60:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3iujMrH9aM(Ignore the music)

But then,it doesn't look very nice when you watch it at 480p.So I tried another way:the OBS Stream Settings Estimator.(It's actually give tips for recording too.)

So here's the settings that I got:

Output:

Simple
Video bitrate:2500
Audio bitrate:160
Advanced encoder settings(Enabled):CPU preset:ultrafast

Video:

Renderer:OpenGL(Only this)
Base resolution:1280x720
Downscale resolution:1280x720

Common FPS values:60

So what's the explanation for the differences?

>Video bitrate:As I know,recording at 3000 bitrate is laggy for my machine and also not good for streaming.So the estimator tells me to put it at 2500,which reduces CPU usage(and still maintains the quality).

>CPU preset:I put it at ultrafast instead of superfast which also reduces CPU usage but reduces quality(that's when bitrate comes into action).

>Base resolution and downscale resolution:Before I used the settings above,I actually put the downscale resolution at 480x360(360p) so it wouldn't lag,then I found out that downscale resolution was the output.So I changed it to 1280x720 and also put the base resolution at 1280x720(My experiences with Screenflow:Set the record settings to 1280x720 so it will export faster,same goes with OBS.)

Hope this helps!