Question / Help CPU Spikes, Once Again.....

Bard

Any new news on this subject? There seem to be 10,000 fixes that don't work for hardly anyone. I can't seem to do anything that makes any difference for my FX9590 4.7 Ghz. Still get spikes of up to 55% and that causes any game I play to drop to about 15 fps.

Stream settings are at 720p and 60 fps. CPU preset is very fast.

Attachments

• 2015-07-17 19-57-39.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 34

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I haven't heard of CPU spikes from others. Could you possibly get me a log file where you were encoding? I haven't heard of any issues, especially with CS:GO.

That log file unfortunately doesn't have any encoding information -- I may need one with more extensive information, if possible. I should probably make it so it doesn't save a log file unless you've activated recording/streaming.

Bard

I haven't heard of CPU spikes from others. Could you possibly get me a log file where you were encoding? I haven't heard of any issues, especially with CS:GO.

That log file unfortunately doesn't have any encoding information -- I may need one with more extensive information, if possible. I should probably make it so it doesn't save a log file unless you've activated recording/streaming.

Where would I get that log file, and what would it's name be? Also, I won't be back to my streaming pc until Monday or Tuesday, but I will get it asap.

Also, it's not just CSGO, it's every game cpu spikes are prevalent. The ONLY way I've been able to fix it for CSGO is by disabling "multicore rendering". However, that option is only available in CSGO and I would like to stream other games.

Bard

Perhaps this log file has something you are looking for?

By the way, I watched the spikes with Process Explorer, and from what I saw, Obs' private bytes and working set do not change at all, but it's cpu usage spikes to 30-40% when, during streaming, it is normally 14-17%.

Attachments

• 2015-07-31-1834-23.log
    63.2 KB · Views: 16

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
No, that is a log from the original OBS. He wants you to open OBS MP, do a short recording, restart OBS MP, and use the Upload Last Log File option from under the Help > Log Files menu.

Bard

No, that is a log from the original OBS. He wants you to open OBS MP, do a short recording, restart OBS MP, and use the Upload Last Log File option from under the Help > Log Files menu.

I apologize, I switched back to normal OBS to change some settings and experiment (with no success). This should be the correct log file. I only streamed league of legends, and didn't experience as many cpu spikes as usual (however it seems to have been by chance because I have not changed anything).

Attachments

• 2015-08-08 18-50-32.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 15

H4sshole

I have noticed that the new OBS is a bit more CPU intensive. When I use the MP version of OBS compared to the last, my frame rate drops from a typical 5-65 fps to 45-55 fps and the CPU percentage is higher tan the older as well. May explain your CPU "spikes."

Bard

I have noticed that the new OBS is a bit more CPU intensive. When I use the MP version of OBS compared to the last, my frame rate drops from a typical 5-65 fps to 45-55 fps and the CPU percentage is higher tan the older as well. May explain your CPU "spikes."

Except that there is no difference between OBS MP and vanilla OBS for me. Spikes occur on both when I stream no matter what.