Question / Help Could Raspberry Pi 4 do live streaming?

Altafedelta

Massymo

[QUOTE = "Flyrain, post: 419618, membro: 209313"]
Sto provando quasi lo stesso. Voglio usare pi4 e camlink con una GoPro per la mia configurazione mobile per lo streaming direttamente su Twitch. Qualcosa come il costoso LiveU Solo. Funziona ma solo con 10 fps. Il Pi ha solo il 50% di utilizzo di 1 core. Forse qualcuno conosceva alcune modifiche ffmpeg? Nessun desktop, solo riga di comando. Ho provato il tuo comando ffmpeg che hai pubblicato in precedenza.
[/CITAZIONE]
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/17758/automatic-streaming-to-twitch-tv-via-obs-x86

Jenason

I‘m trying almost the same. I want to use the pi4 and camlink with a GoPro for my mobile setup to stream directly to Twitch. Something like the expensive LiveU Solo. It works but only with 10 fps. The Pi is only at 50% percent usage of 1 core. Maybe someone knew some ffmpeg tweaks? No Desktop, only command line. I tried your ffmpeg command you posted earlier.
Have you been able to get this working? I've been trying to figure out a solution to not have to buy the LiveU Solo as well.

Filip S

Have you been able to get this working? I've been trying to figure out a solution to not have to buy the LiveU Solo as well.

More like the Terradek Vidu mini but with SRT also - I can stream from my videocamera with rpi4 back home to my obs
at home using srt or I can do a normal rtmp to youtube -but its cool to stream to the computer at where I can controll the obs stream/on/off recording via winsock - also I can restream from home to more platforms. this is working for me with 1080p/25 frames on raspbian.
I can use vnc from tablet or the phone to connect to the rpi because no gui - I am thinking about making a lamp/led to show its connected and streamning - I am using mobile internet sharing on the phone with 4G connecion. To get SRT I was needed to compile the ffmpeg also with OMX support and the rpi4 get the power from a powerbank ;) The camera power timeout before the rpi.

I am not sure but I think the LiveU can use more phone connections at the same but I dont know if it would be possible to make simular maybe using revers proxy with HA proxy - where more phones with shared internet can be added but I like my own solution because of the SRT.

Nicolas Lhommet

I run rpi3 and rpi4 with GC311 (this grabber use MJPEG or H.264 your choice), ffmpeg send stream whatever you need.

Hi Tomasz, I'm thinking to get a Live Gamer Mini for monitoring + rtsp streaming of 1080i50 camcorder HDMI output from a rpi2 or rpi3 with ffmpeg, and take advantage of GC311's h.264 encoder.

I'm asking to you, since your mentioned using this unusual hardware combination, and i wasn't able to find any detailed information about of gc311's h.264 encoder, and if it's possible to get Full HD h.264 video at source framerate through its UVC interface, without the need of proprietary app for configuration, drivers, or further specific transcoding (reading most reviews, it's unclear if some processing software is needed, or requires a fast pc with gpu to obtain an exploitable h264 feed).

I'd like to capture and stream the original camcorder video output, untouched, only compressed in h.264, without re-encoding and minimal cpu use on rpi2 (or possibly rpi3, omx hardware decoder would only serve direct local monitoring on its HDMI output, and live picture analysis of frames simultaneously extracted from the stream).

Do you think the GC311 could fit this purpose ? And importantly : in your opinion, what is the quality of h.264 from gc311, say at around 20 Mbps max for 1080p60, or 1080i at 10 Mbps ? (not for a fast-paced, ultra detailed video game, but an handeld camcorder with some movement and changing scenes). Can this device directly provide h264 video of correct quality without noticeable framedrops or artifacts at those moderate bitrates ?

Tomasz Góral

First, GC311 is like any other grabber with UVC and UAC interface (is the standard).
Second on output you got always progressive signal.
1080p50 send 15 Mb/s, 720p50 send 10Mb/s in H.264
1080p50 in MJPEG create 40-70Mb/s

I build box with RPI4, GC311 and battery module, of course i got second box with LTE bonding, this two device plus camera is all to i need to mobile streaming.

Nicolas Lhommet

Thanks for you fast answer and these useful information about bitrates and your own mobile setup. What do you think of 1080p50 @ 15Mb/s with GC311 hardware encoder ? Besides the limit of compression quality at this bitrate, is is clean without stutter or gross loss ?

So, to be sure, you mean that, when 1080i is provided to its HDMI input, then the UVC interface would present it compressed to a 1080p stream anyways ? (that would contradict what Avermedia representatives told me but obviously, such customer service won't bother much with accuracy...)

I suppose you experienced it with interlaced content, but encoding each half-fields into full frames seems like a useless waste of bandwidth... If so, do you know of similarly affordable hdmi capture products (with h.264 hardware encoder, on UVC or Linux-supported) that would preserve the original interlaced video and could provide such h264 1080i50 stream "out of the box" ? (fyi, quality-wise, I had pretty good results with Avermedia standalone usb recorder ER130)

Tomasz Góral

On avermedia site you see GC311 not working with Linux - thats is avermedia quality - they don't know what have.
GC311 have hardware scaler and converter from I to P.
In this case you don't have options about bandwidth, you can select only resolution and resolution is connected with bandwidth.
Second value is format H.264 or MJPEG.
UVC - all system (Linux, Windows) can use stream from GC311.
H.264 can use Interlaced signal, but is not practical, is too much problems with players (of course that's my opinion).

GC311 there are no problems with the image encoding it is even no better than the GC553 when it comes to stability.

Nicolas Lhommet

I agree about Avermedia, although they sell this as an entry-level consumer-grade product for gamers, and their support team are probably glad to avoid dealing with Linux tinkerers :) Now I'm savvy enough to know that an USB Video Class device, like many webcams, can be used on Linux or whatever supports this standard, and that h.264 can do interlaced video (like MBAFF) that i prefer for my source.

Ok, GC311, as most HDMI capture devices nowadays, can de-interlace source to progressive, which (in my opinion) can give mixed results, and use more bandwidth than necessary when, like me, one wants to preserve interlaced fields, even if you're perfectly right about compatibility and practicality.

Good to know about the GC311 stability on your setup, and that, through UVC, you can only select a combination of resolution and compression types (with fixed bandwidth). But I'm still looking to confirm if it can however provide *interlaced h.264 output* directly via UVC, like 1080i50.

Eventually, when you have the chance to get to your rpi4 with gc311, could you provide text output of 'v4l2-ctl -D --list-formats-ext -d 0' or 'uvcdynctrl -f' commands that list all modes ? Cheers

Nicolas Lhommet

I agree about Avermedia, although they sell this as an entry-level consumer-grade product for gamers, and their support team are probably glad to avoid dealing with Linux tinkerers :) Now I'm savvy enough to know that an USB Video Class device, like many webcams, can be used on Linux or whatever supports this standard, and that h.264 can do interlaced video (like MBAFF) that i prefer for my source.

Ok, GC311, as most HDMI capture devices nowadays, can de-interlace source to progressive, which (in my opinion) can give mixed results, and use more bandwidth than necessary when, like me, one wants to preserve interlaced fields, even if you're perfectly right about compatibility and practicality.

Good to know about the GC311 stability on your setup, and that, through UVC, you can only select a combination of resolution and compression types (with fixed bandwidth). But I'm still looking to confirm if it can however provide *interlaced h.264 output* directly via UVC, like 1080i50.

Eventually, when you have the chance to get to your rpi4 with gc311, could you provide text output of 'v4l2-ctl -D --list-formats-ext -d 0' or 'uvcdynctrl -f' commands that list all modes ? Cheers

darenhoff

Yes it did.
But only with one scene and text with screen capture. When added one rtsp cam, memory usage goes 100% and YT says not receiving enough video to stream.
I used win10Pro trimmed with MSMG, on NVME SSD USB HDD.
Let me identify the video on my test channel I'll give you link if not restricted here. I ran it for one hour.

darenhoff

See this link of my stream go to the last 5/10 min area, you can see the taskmanager window on my stream from Pi4 4GB, win10

Please let me know if posting such link is allowed or not. If, not request admin to delete instead of warning me.